Compassionate, Experienced Representation In Wrongful Death Claims
Losing a loved one is an unimaginable nightmare for anyone to endure. It’s all the more tragic when the accident didn’t need to happen. Far too often, the negligence or carelessness of others has fatal consequences for innocent people.
Personal injury lawyer Damien Yervasi has devoted his career to helping people like you seek justice. With experience spanning nearly three decades, he has the skills and legal knowledge to pursue wrongful death claims on behalf of those who have needlessly lost their lives. Based in Baker City, Oregon, Yervasi Law P.C. provides compassionate legal representation in cases such as:
- Fatal traffic accidents, whether they involve a motorcycle, bicycle, pedestrian or a semi truck
- Construction accidents, which may give rise to personal injury claims against third parties
- Dog bites or animal attacks, including those inflicted on children and the elderly
- Premises liability claims involving dangerous property conditions such as unsecured swimming pools or preventable fires
Reach out to the firm for a free consultation to discuss your questions and concerns.
What Kind Of Damages May Be Available In Your Wrongful Death Case?
Oregon law allows for three types of damages (or financial compensation) in wrongful death cases:
- Economic damages (also called compensatory damages), which cover all of the expenses related to the loss of your loved one, from medical bills to lost wages, to funeral costs
- Noneconomic damages to provide compensation for any pain and suffering your loved one endured, and for your loss of that person’s companionship and support
- Punitive damages in cases involving extreme negligence or intentional wrongdoing
Attorney Yervasi can help you understand what kind and amount of damages may be available in your case.
A Skilled Advocate At Trial And A Strong Negotiator
While many personal injury cases settle outside of court, some proceed to trial, and it’s important to work with an attorney who has the skills and experience to present a strong case in court. This is all the more true in high-stakes cases such as wrongful death claims.
Damien Yervasi is an accomplished trial lawyer with decades of experience handling civil litigation. He knows how to prepare cases for trial – and how to use the right leverage to establish a strong bargaining position for settlement negotiations.
Get Started Today, Before Time Runs Out On Your Claim
In Oregon, there’s a relatively short time limit (or statute of limitations) for filing wrongful death claims. Given the complexity of these cases – and their importance – it’s wise to enlist an attorney as soon as possible after your loss.